May 27, 2009

Go figure.

So, it’s been a hectic week to say the least. Holidays are great things unless of course you’re a freelancer which means you lose income for at least the day the office is closed. To compensate, I’ve wound up putting in long days back to back (and probably to back).

I get home late at night, I mean I walk in the door and it’s after 9pm and this is after I’ve been up since 4:30am so it’s a bit of a long day. I’m winding down now... I just have an hour or two to spend and it’s odd but there comes this point in the day where I do have free time and even though I have a list of things to do, I just can’t motivate myself to keep going.

So, I was aimlessly surfing. You know, the futile waste of time, something that just gobbles up the moments and lets you turn your brain off.

And I wound up looking at someone’s blog, a woman who was a friend of Madam X and as I was reading through it I came across pics of Madam X’s wedding.

Now, there are a lot of responses a man can have to these kind of things. I mean I spent a good chunk of my life with the woman and seeing pictures of her wedding to another man could be a peril fraught event.

But, it was funny...

I smiled.

I smiled from ear to ear because she looked absolutely beautiful and maybe I’m an idiot but I’m glad for her. I really wish her well.

I’d be lying if I said I was sorry it wasn’t me but you know something? I loved that woman with a passion I don’t think many people could understand and more than anything I wanted her to be happy. I don’t know if many can understand that but man! She looked gorgeous and you can’t spend time with someone and love them and not want the absolute best for them.

If that makes me a schmuck, so be it.

No comments: